Yes, Combat products are safe to use in a food pantry as long as there are no open foods.
Combat ant and roach bait stations can be used in a food pantry. Combat ant and roach gels may also be used in a food pantry with care, but keep exposed gel away from open foods and food contact surfaces.
Tips to Help Keep Insects Out of your Kitchen:
- Keep the trash can closed, clean and emptied.
- Ants and roaches gather beneath baseboards and under the stove, so keep these areas clean.
- On top and underneath the refrigerator attracts insects because it is warm, so clean this are thoroughly
- All food should be stored in glass, plastic or metal containers with airtight lids in order to keep insects out.
- All drawers, shelves and cabinets should be properly lined and damage should be repaired immediately to ensure insects aren’t hiding here. Keep lining paper flat so that insects cannot hide beneath it.
- Ants and roaches tend to gather near water, so be sure to repair any leaks.