- American Cockroaches are more common in warmer climates.
- They prefer to nest outdoors, yet close buildings and are very common in sewer systems of many American cities.
- American Cockroaches can fly.
- They are reddish-brown in color
- American Cockroaches are considered large roaches and vary from 1.1 to 2 inches in length.
- They can squeeze into a space no thicker than a quarter.
- Female American Cockroaches can produce up to 150 offspring per year.
- They’re very fast runners and can move up to 50 body lengths per second (comparable to a human running 210mph).
- American Cockroaches are nocturnal and mostly active at night.
- They will eat just about anything, including paper, hair, cloth and dead insects.